Monday, January 3, 2011

a new year

Disclaimer:  I don't usually buy into the whole New Year's Resolution thing.

However, the blogosphere has inspired me.. here is my list (much longer than anticipated), but I think its quite reasonable.  

Hopefully, this will be my year!  Fingers crossed.

Food/Body
- Exercise REGULARLY!  My friend Abby Dr. Breslin was kind enough to write me a personalized workout plan, and I have access to a huge, FREE gym at work... = I need to get my butt in gear and get more healthy.
- Drink more water and LESS Diet Coke (I am an addict, as you all know well).
- Eat less junk food/ sugar crap.
- Hike Ben Lomond (Summer 2011) and Old Rag (Fall? 2011)
- Learn to play tennis.


Work
- Be a good employee.  Definitely not living the dream here, but everything is good life experience, right?
- Keep my resume up-to-date, network, and apply to jobs in D.C.

Knowledge
- GRADUATE FROM STUPID COLLEGE!!
- Read the news more regularly
- Read at least 15 books this year (I also wanna participate in Liz's book club!)
- Practice my French!!

Family/Personal
- Write birthday cards to all my friends (and on time, too!)
- DATE.

Spiritual
- Attend the Temple at least 1x per month.

Financial
- Save for a new car.
- Start saving for retirement.

Other
- Invest in a new camera.
- Visit at least one place I've never been before (ideas include LA, Chicago, Texas, Spain, Doha...)
- Volunteer/ do more service.
- Write a will.
- Send out a Christmas Card in 2011.
- Post on the blog at least 1x per week.
- Compile and publish "Tueller Cookbook"

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good goals. Except you are missing "move back to the U.S. to be closer to Liz."

P.S. We just started the book club a few weeks ago. It was something random that I thought of and got Jocelyn to agree on. We are reading Wuthering Heights right now. We gave until roughly February to get it done as she is in Germany too. So you can join in and read that book or I can inform you of the next book when we decide what it shall be. In fact, Amanda might join in too so think of some good books we could read and maybe I will send out a mass email and we can vote on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails