Friday, September 17, 2010

touristy auf 'schlaaand

I just sent Elizabeth and Jon off on the train to Paris.  Sad face.

Its been a whirlwind week.  The gang flew in Monday morning and since then we have been all over the place.  Its been awesome for me... first of all, cause Liz is the best, but also to see all the sights that I have been too lazy to go do this summer!   Going downtown just isn't as fun alone.  Here are some of the highlights.

Grabbed döners and hiked up to the castle ruins in Königstein

 Checked out Eppstein at night... gate was closed, so we messed around in a park for a bit.

ok, maybe alot :)

 walked around the Roman ruins at Saalburg


Drove the Romanticstrasse/Rhine, walked around Boppard, and took a scary car ferry across the river
Took the train to downtown Frankfurt and walked around/shopped



Hit up a festival-fair-thingy at the Festplatz... did a few rides and ate a LOT of junk

Took a bike ride through the cow fields


 Did a little trespassing...


Hit a massive STAU... there was one guy who was jogging laps up and down the autobahn while we waited

Spent ALL day in the car to see Neuschwannstein (above) and Hohenzolleren

***PLUS***
  • Watching ghetto movies like "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Xanadu"
  • eating tons of kebaps and gelato
  • too much walking
  • making friends with crazies on the train
  • and shopping it up at the all-mighty H&M

BE JEALOUS.

2 comments:

McKenna said...

jealousy: check!

Elizabeth said...

I am unsure of how I missed all these great posts. Good summary of what we did but there is a picture you posted that I can't believe you posted. But it's you. Should have known better.

Miss you. Miss Germany!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails